Mississippi State has a long association with the Fulbright Scholar Program with more than 50 MSU faculty from a variety of disciplines having received Fulbright US Scholar Awards since 1954. MSU has also welcomed many international scholars to our campus through the program Fulbright Visiting Scholar.
The Fulbright US Scholar Program recently opened its 2023-24 competition with more than 400 awards from 130 countries featured in the award catalog, which includes teaching, research, and professional project opportunities. On this webpage, you will find links to other program resources, including information on eligibility, schedule, exam criteria, and FAQs.
Catalog of rewards: https://awards.cies.org/.
Important cycle dates include:
- Application deadline: September 15, 2022
- Technical reviews by program staff: September 2022
- US peer review: October and November 2022
- Peer review status notification: November to December 2022
- In-country review and final decisions: December 2022 to April 2023
- Notification of the status of the final selection: from January to May 2023
There are many web resources available to help you with the US scholarship application process:
The International Institute welcomes questions from professors wishing to apply. If you have any questions, please email Cathy Curtis ([email protected]), Fulbright Liaison, who will be happy to assist you.